We know how much you love jewellery so we have created a small guide as to how you can make your jewellery last a long time.
Fashion jewellry tarnishes when exposed to moisture, oils, salts and acids.
1. Keep your jewellery tarnish free by keeping it dry.
2. Don’t wash dishes or do laundry with your jewellery on.
3.Don’t wear jewellery In pool or at the spa.
4. Don’t put on lotion or perfume with your jewellery on.
5. Dry your hands before handling, or putting on, any piece of fashion jewellery from your collection.
6. Remove your jewellery before showering, swimming or exercising.
7. Thoroughly wipe each piece of jewellry with a soft, clean cloth as soon as you remove it.
The goal is to remove any oil, salt or acid contaminants and to dry the piece.
8. Wear it last, and take it off first. Put Your Jewellry on After You Put Your Clothes on and Before Your Take Your Clothes Off. An accidental pull on the chain can break your favourite necklace.
9. When performing activities such as laundry, cooking, or gardening, remove your jewellry to prevent physical damage or exposure to cleaning chemicals or cleaning fluids.
10. Put jewellery on after applying hairspray and makeup. This goes back to keeping your jewellry dry. Perfumes, hairspray, lotion and makeup usually contains harsh chemicals that can damage your beautiful jewellry.
11. Store your fashion jewellery in a soft dry place to avoid damage due to moisture in the air. Store your jewellry in a jewellry box or other secure container. You can also store your jewellry in a silk or velvet pouch and put each pouch in a decorative shoe box.
12. Avoid Air! The air around us is what makes metal tarnish. We recommend using a ziplock or sandwich bag with the air squeezed out to prevent oxidisation.